Unlike the cute, humorous little robot chappie that delightfully adorned the Get-Ready-For-Digital *Pink Train* We utterly loath this grotesque effort now trawling the Central and perhaps other lines. It looks utterly horrid/vile/nasty/cheap/badly done etc. Poor 91277, what did it do to deserve this........?.........
They're not 'muscle marys' but no - I think it's useful on the central line.
Useful, in what sense?
When we first approached this in the depot we said. "OMG, the vandals have really had a go at this!" And we were right. "It's the Fairbrass Bothers advertising their new album" said Ceiling Cat. "Right Said Fred" I replied. Getting nearer we saw that it wasn't. Upon closer inspection we saw *Mayor Of London*- "That says it all" we trilled in unison. "It's Boris and his chum mate working out after a bag of pies from Greggs followed by a ton of Doners from Hainault BBQ & Kebabs"
No, we don't like it and it certainly has no use. A good idea, but poorly done. Tacky, naff and as Hyacinth Bucket would say "It's rather common Richard"
Theres more than one aux, on my way home from Epping I spotted two pass me by yesterday
Oh No! We thought it was a one off. From a distance against the red white and blue it looks like graffiti. Perhaps an improvement to this naff effort could be made. Repose the boys so when the doors close they smooch. Now that would be fun!
The Roundel is, and it's commercial sanctity is jealously guarded. The trains carry The Roundel, and I'm afraid this naff effort despoils ( in our opinion ) it. Perhaps there will be other, nicer designs going round. It's a good idea for The Olympics, but it has to be tastefully done. This is not tasteful. This is chav. It could be worse though. Those arms could have tats, at least we didn't get those...........
Those "Get Ahead of The Games" cartoon TFL posters are crude and gross. Those who view my Flickr images will note that: a) I photograph TFL posters as and when they appear, but b) have no views of this series. That's not un-deliberate.
I think its a good idea. It promotes the games, the mascots are probably being used to remind people to "Get Ahead Of The Games" - Plan your journey, etc.
Whilst I do like the RWB livery, those trains are generating money in advert revenue and therefore good. I would like to think that LU would leave 90% of the fleet in RWB, and the other 10% open to companies to place on liveries for a charge. That way TfL retains the majority RWB image, but also makes its pricing for advertising competitive. If they didn't, who knows who could advertise on the exterior of our trains...